Who doesn’t love a smoothie? Once known for their high caloric content, today’s smoothies are full of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants.
1.New Year Detox Smoothie -Start Your New Year Right With This Smoothie!
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful mint
- 1 handful parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Blend all ingredients together in a juicer or blender until smooth. Serve over ice.
- Click here to learn more
2. Egg Nog Smoothie – Celebrate Christmas All Year Long With This Yummy Smoothie. Packed full of good surprises for the body too!
Egg Nog Protein Shake
(Single-serving and high in protein!)
1 cup milk of choice (240g) (Use a thicker milk for best taste.
Silk almondmilk works well.
Coconut milk (the full-fat kind that comes in a can) works well too.
Or you can do 1/2 milk and 1/2 Silk creamer for a deliciously-rich shake (240g)
- 1/2 cup Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu (There are a few soy-free substitutions for this recipe.
- See “nutrition info” link below for all options.) (120g)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (2g) (omit if desired)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xylitol or sugar (8g)
- 1 nunaturals stevia packet, or 1 tbsp sugar (or evaporated cane juice, coconut sugar, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
- 1/16 tsp (tiny dash) cloves
- optional: a little rum if desired
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. (I used a Magic Bullet. If you don’t have a blender, perhaps you can use silken tofu and just stir by hand.) Drink cold, or heat if desired. Recipe is single-serving and can be sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, cholesterol-free, low-fat, and gluten-free. And no raw eggs! For troubleshooting, substitutions, and nutrition facts, see link below:
3.Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Smoothie Cherries are delicious … and chocolate covered cherries are even more delicious! These are packed with 14 grams of protein as well!
- 1 and 1/2 large bananas, cut into chunks & frozen
- 6 oz Chobani Black Cherry Nonfat Yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk – use more or less, depending on how thick you’d like it)
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup (I used sugar free, see below for substitutions
Add first 4 ingredients to blender. Blend for 1 minute. If bananas are not mixing well, give the ingredients a stir to move them around. Blend until you’ve reached a smooth consistency. Add more milk for a drinkable smoothie.
4.Homemade Banana Whip – You’ll Be Shocked At How These Few Ingredients Create A Drink That Tastes Just Like Ice Cream
Simply add frozen banana chunks with a splash of milk and blend. For an additional treat, add toasted coconut!
5.Mango And Coconut Smoothie – A tropical paradise in each sip.
1 lb frozen mango chunks, mango pulp or fresh mango will also work
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup coconut milk, full fat
3-4 cups milk, I used unsweetened soy milk
2-3 Tbsp flax seed meal
1 Tbsp honey, optional
1 tsp cinnamon, optional
Place all the ingredients, except cinnamon, in a blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle each smoothie with some cinnamon