Where do you get your information about food? Some information we grew up hearing from our parents. Other information comes from what we read and hear. You’ll be shocked at what is fact and what is fiction.
1.Don’t Believe These Myths
- Coffee does not stunt your growth.
- Multi-grain does not necessarily mean healthy. Multi-grains may mean refined grains.
- Sugar makes you hyper. Studies do not bear this out.
- Vitamin C will not keep you from catching a cold unless you are a skier or a marathoner…go figure.
- Oranges have the most vitamin C. Strawberries, green and red peppers, and broccoli all have more vitamin C than oranges.
- Too much sugar directly leads to diabetes. Sugar contributes to weight gain and that leads to diabetes.
- Chewing celery leads to more calorie burning than you take in eating it.