Often, healthy eating habits begin with small steps. Next time you go food shopping, pick up these foods. Both your budget and your body will appreciate the boost.
1.Superfoods Don’t Have To Be Super Expensive
These simple, affordable superfoods should be a part of your daily routine.
- Flaxseeds: Buy these in bulk. Then, sprinkle over just about everything to increase your fiber.
- Beans: Pick from a variety to help keep your cholesterol down. Cook as part of a warm meal or add to a salad.
- Blueberries: This fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Broccoli: A veggie that is a superb source of fiber as well as a host of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Enjoy raw or cooked.
- Spinach: Whether ate cooked, raw or drank in a smoothie, you’ll receive iron, calcium, and fiber, as well as other vitamins and nutrients.