VINTAGE DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN GOOD … WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD
- Tuna – Used to build Christmas trees and in Jello wreaths, these were popular centerpieces
- “Cranberry “Candles – In a recipe created by Hellman’s Mayonnaise, these “beauties” were included as salads.
- Frozen Fruitcake Salad – No holiday would be complete without fruitcake.
- This dish was made with crushed pineapple, bananas, nuts and both red and green candied cherries. Yum!
- Let’s not forget vegetarians. The Holiday Vegetable Loaf was the vegetarian answer to the meatloaf. Surrounded by broccoli, radishes and jellied cranberries, there was something for everyone.
- Leftovers … There is nothing better than chopped leftover turkey served in a cranberry Jello … or any Jello mold.