You may have to alter your exercise pattern, but cold weather is no reason not to exercise.
- Remember the thermal underwear frigid temperatures.
- For winter sports, use clothing that will protect you from the elements and wick away your sweat.
- Use the right kind of footwear.
- Falls due to ice or early darkness can be a real danger.
- Don’t set yourself up for failure.
- Allow some “cheat” days.
- Have an alternate “indoor” exercise plan for those days you can’t get out.
- Don’t overdo it.
- If the air feels too cold or you start wheezing, stop!