There sure are a lot of snacks out there. But, most are filled with sugar and salt. Here’s some “muscle friendly” ones.
- Protein bars: Pick ones that are low in sugar and high in fiber / protein.
- Terra Chips: A great replacement for Lays or Doritos. Make sure any chips you pick are filled with real veggies. Many are gluten free and do not use artificial coloring as well.
- Perky Jerky: Comes in both beef and turkey mixes.
- Protein pudding: Many of these boast of being sugar free. The whey protein flavor may take a bit to get used to.
- Almonds: Almonds provide a tremendous boost to the body. Many come flavored.
- Rice Cakes: A familiar favorite of both professional and novice athletes.
There are plenty of natural foods that can help you build muscle too!