1. Every 2 weeks, change up your exercise routine. A recent study showed that people enjoyed a variety of exercise versus sticking to the same one.
2. Never skip your most important meal. That is, the recovery meal after your workout.
3. Make sure that when you do your exercises you focus on doing them well and correctly.
4. Aiming for a weight goal? Try having a range versus a specific number.
5. Into juice cleanse diets? Be aware that drastically restricting your caloric intake to drop pounds may backfire. A 2010 study showed that doing this elevated levels of cortisol, the primary stress hormone. Chronic stress has been associated with an increased risk of weight gain.
6. Keep that string bikini handy during the winter, so you can see what those holiday treats are doing to your body.
7. Use peppermint liberally. A study in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition showed that men who drank 2 cups water with a drop of peppermint oil then ran on a treadmill helped to relax muscles, boosted oxygen to both muscles and the brain and elevated their pain threshold.
8. Take one day at a time!
9. Try a workout partner. He will not only help you keep accountable but may help you “clock” more training.
10. A simple jump rope can do wonders.
11. Pay attention to your stomach. If you’re not hungry, don’t eat that last cupcake.
12. When preparing your meals, pay attention to portion size. You don’t need a measuring cup; just plan portions so that they are not overlapping on the plate
13. Go to the beat of your own drum. Work out or run to your favorite playlist to power through! We at Michael Body Scenes can help you transform your body to get incredible results. We offer both classes and one-on-one training!