Sound drastic? Soda is a drink whose effect you may not feel today or tomorrow. But, chances are it will catch up with you. When it does, it may be too late.
1.Soda Is Hazardous To Your Health
All soda is linked to diabetes, tooth decay and bone loss. There are no valuable vitamins or minerals in either. It’s a combination of flavors, chemicals and additives.
2.It Doesn’t Matter If It’s Regular or Diet Free
Regular soda contains empty calories. There is nothing of value in this liquid. Diet soda contains sweeteners that have been associated with causing cancer and diabetes. Start breaking yourself of the habit TODAY.
3.Wean Off Slowly
Here’s some ways to help break the habit:
Cut down gradually. Switch to 1/d for 2 weeks, then 3/d for a week. Then, back down to 1/d for a week and then 2/d for a week, until you are off completely.
4.Mix It Up!
- Try watering it down to a ½-½ consistency.
- If it’s the caffeine you crave, try caffeine free soda first and wean down from there.
- Switch to natural brands of soda, that have less artificial calories, as you wean off.
5.Switch To Another Drink
- Try an unsweetened ice tea and use mint or lemon if you need a bit more lemon.
- Drink a glass of water prior to drinking the soda.
- If it’s the fizz you like, try seltzer water.