Trying to lose weight? Think twice about eating these foods. Of course, moderation is key. But, it’s better to avoid a lot of these foods altogether
1.How Many Of These Foods Do You Eat?
- Veggie Burgers: Meat-free does not mean healthy. Check the ingredients. Many veggie burgers contain fillers and chemicals to help them look like regular burgers.
- Sport Drinks: Although these are marketed to everyone, they only serve those athletes that need the high amount of calories these drinks include. There is very little science behind these drinks.
- Bran Muffins: Check the ingredients. Many of these muffins carry as much sugar and fat as a donut.
- Smoothies: The best smoothies are the ones that you make yourself because you control the ingredients. Many contain a lot of sugar and are high in calories.
- Dried Fruit: Dried or even dehydrated fruit are often full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
- Fat-Free Products: Fat-free does not mean calorie free. These products are often highly processed and contain a lot of sugar to add flavor.
- Energy Bars: Often described as “glorified candy bars,” they contain significant amounts of sugar, white flour and saturated fat.
- Cereal/Granola: Always read the labels. These foods are often high in sugars and carbs. Often, cereals marketed as healthy carry more calories than regular cereal.
- Skim/Low Fat Milk: Although advertised as healthy, these kinds of milk often contain powdered milk and are high in cholesterol. Additionally, they lack vitamins: A, D, E, and K which are crucial for our bodies.
- Diet Soda: There are no health benefits to this drink. Furthermore, they include additives, dyes, and chemicals.