The first meal should be your best. It sets up your body with the nutrients needed to get through the day. So, why are you starting the day eating garbage?
1.These 6 Popular Breakfast Foods Are The Worst
- Pastries: Full of empty calories, these carbs will spike your blood sugar too. Read labels and look towards 100% whole wheat, not enriched flour foods.
- Cereal & Skim Milk: Cereal is the # 2 most popular item bought after soda. Processed and full of sugar and empty calories, many cereals should be avoided. Did you know many “healthy” kinds of cereal have worse nutritional value than regular cereal? As for milk, the fat in milk helps with digestion of milk’s other components. Look for organic or milk from grass-fed cows.
- Egg Whites/Egg Beaters: The yolk contains most of the nutrients. Whether you have them for breakfast or hard boiled as a snack, eggs are an excellent source of nutrients.
- Butter Spreads & Margarines: Science shows us the trans-fats in these spreads can hurt us more than the fat. Moderation is the key.
- Soy Protein Smoothies: Studies are finding soy in itself is rather difficult for the body to digest. It appears that fermented soy is better for the body.
- Coffee: Try to avoid having coffee as your complete breakfast. The caffeine high won’t last long. It’s no substitute for the nutrients your body needs to start the day.
Click here to learn more[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]