- Apples: Store in a plastic bag in your fridge. They emit the gas, ethylene, and this will slow their ripening process.
- Bananas: Separate and wrap their stems in plastic wrap to slow down the ripening process.
- Avocados: Store at room temperature. Once ripe, move them to the fridge.
- Raspberries, strawberries and blueberries: Wash with vinegar to remove any bacteria before storing in the fridge.
- Celery: Use aluminum foil before placing in the fridge.
- Lettuce: Place paper towels in the bottom of your crisper drawer.
- Potatoes: Store in a cool, dry place. Try placing apples with them.
This is what happens if you don’t
store your fruits and veggies properly.